Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Inspiration in My Own Closet

I bought this skirt for $13.99 last November when I was in NYC visiting my sister. I wore it last week (it's already getting really hot here in Austin) and halfway through the day had an "ah- ha moment" when I looked down at it...
This is the color palette I want in our new study (I've taken to calling it a study or our "reading room" to avoid the negative connotation that comes with the word "office"...I already have one of those after all).

You may remember that I posted my ideas a few weeks ago here on the blog. Here is how I am hoping to incorporate this color scheme in the room:

First of all, we are painting the walls a soothing gray similar to the vertical stripes in the skirt:
I am also hoping to find an inexpensive 7x11 navy blue rug for the floors (the floors are a creamy white tile-neither Mr or I are crazy about them) perhaps similar to this one:
We also downsized our desk and ordered this one from West Elm. It has sleek lines and will give the room a little modern and updated feel. I chose white because I think it will look gorgeous against the gray and very pretty in conjunction with the molding and white built-ins already in the room.
I think this piece will look great in a high gloss dark gray against the lighter gray walls. I am excited to meet with a woodworker tomorrow morning to see how we can convert it given my ideas to turn it into a bar...
Finally comes the orange!! Orange with gray :) What have I been saying? Looking forward to finding some fun fabrics to use in this space on some cool chairs...

Stay tuned! More details to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment