Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ooo La La Lamps

After all the painting and redecorating of our Master Bedroom, I suffered through several weeks of looking for lamps. I scoured magazines and blogs looking for the best fit for our new room but became completely confused and overwhelmed.
I ordered these delightfully delicious lamps from Lamps Plus (thanks to a recommendation from Copy Cat Chic!) but they were completely washed out against our gray paint color and all the white bedding (though I still think they are divine and kept one to use somewhere in the Living Room).

Next I ventured into something a little larger since our end tables are so long...

And even came across these lamps on eBay for $285:
I knew I was moving in the right direction when I saw this lamp at Worlds Away though you have to understand I have an aversion to Asian influenced decor
I really like the drum shade and shape of this lamp at Crate and Barrel, but they didn't grab me for that price. I wanted something with a little more pizzaz!
And I loved this lamp, but are you kidding me with that price Crate and Barrel?
Finally, I wised up and made my first trip to the HomeGoods here in Austin. Boy, they did not disappoint!
$59.99 each and I was out the door, headed home with my beautiful new lamps! Thanks HomeGoods. I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment